The Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport (IATA: CHA, ICAO: KCHA, FAA LID: CHA), also known as Lovell Field, is a public airport located 5 miles (8 km) east of the central business district of Chattanooga, a city in Hamilton County, Tennessee, United States. The airport is owned and operated by the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport Authority. It is a Class C airport serviced by Chattanooga Approach.
Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport has a single concourse. Commercial service is provided by connection carriers for several major airlines. General aviation is serviced by TAC Air FBO. The general aviation ramp is split into two locations, with one on the South side of the main terminal, and the other to the North. The locations are respectively referred to as "TAC Air North" and "TAC Air South." General aviation can find service at either location, although business jets are preferred at North, and military and other miscellaneous traffic is preferred at South.
Currently, a flight from Chattanooga to Atlanta can take 17 minutes (from wheels up to wheels down) flying on a Canadair Regional Jet (operated by Delta Connection). When flight operations in Atlanta are interrupted, Chattanooga is one of the first airports to receive diversions. As of August 18, 2008, all service to Memphis from Chattanooga and vice versa will be performed using an all-CRJ service, replacing SF3's, which had flown from Memphis to Chattanooga during the day, as CRJ service was only employed for early morning flights, to MEM, and late-night flights, to CHA.
- Ft. Lauderdale
- Washington D.C.
- Tampa (via St. Petersburg)
Airlines & Destinations
- Allegiant Air - Gate 4 (Fort Lauderdale, Orlando-Sanford, St. Petersburg/Clearwater)
- American Airlines - Gate 4
- American Eagle (Chicago-O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth)
- Delta Air Lines - Gates 3 & 5
- Delta Connection operated by Atlantic Southeast Airlines (Atlanta)
- Delta Connection operated by Chautauqua Airlines (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky)
- Delta Connection operated by Comair (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky)
- Northwest Airlines - Gate 2
- Northwest Airlink operated by Pinnacle Airlines (Memphis)
- US Airways - Gate 1
- US Airways Express operated by Piedmont Airlines (Charlotte)
- US Airways Express operated by PSA Airlines (Charlotte, Washington-Reagan)